NEXUS (https://nexusom.org/) is a platform for civil society leadership to advance a new community-driven model of partnership promoting peaceful, thriving, and empowered communities in Somalia and Somaliland. This unique platform, led by nine pioneering Somali NGOs, aspires to lead a locally driven agenda for change, finding common cause and syncing interventions with government authorities, private sector, and the international community.
Reports to: Nexus Consortium Director.
Duty Station: 100% Somalia/Somaliland with external travels (However, remote working/work from home arrangement is in place due to the Covid pandemic)
- Represent Nexus externally under the guidance of the steering
- Cultivation and management of external relationships, including with high level donor
- Lead, coordinate, manage and supervise the Project Management & Implementation Team
- Oversee and manage short term consultants that may be hired short-term consultancies
- Based on existing program and regional strategies, develop high quality multi- year proposals with directions from the steering committee
- Lead and develop materials such as Nexus statements, policy briefs, Nexus strategic plan, stakeholder presentations and other publications as requested by the Nexus Steering
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day activities of the Nexus secretariat, including project management, monitoring, evaluation and documentation.
- Prepare progress reports, annual reports, project completion reports and other reports that may be required by Nexus Steering and other stakeholders including
- Lead the development of work plans, convene workshops, set and organize meetings to drive forward the work of the Nexus secretariat.
- Effective representation of Nexus in donor meeting and other external meeting under the directions of the Steering
- Maintain partiality among Nexus
- Manage, archive and maintain in centralized platform all Nexus data.
- Other duties appropriate to the role as required.
What does Success Look Like?
- Demonstrable evidence of the impact of triple nexus programing within the first one
- NEXUS assuming leading role in the setting of the Somalia national agenda through its thought
- Attainment of $20m+ funding portfolio for Nexus in 2021.
- A vibrant Nexus Secretariat.
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong background in international development, humanitarian and/or peacebuilding (5 years+).
- Experience of coordination of multi-stakeholder consortia and/or complex
- Proven Fundraising experience and engagement with major
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building
- Good knowledge of the Somali context.
- Excellent networking skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications, an updated CV with a comprehensive summary of similar or comparable work. The CV should include three (3) referees.
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as this position is urgently required. This is a rolling recruitment and Nexus reserves the right to appoint a suitable candidate as soon as they are identified.